Characteristics of PET:
PET contains polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which is the most important type of thermoplastic polyester, also known as polyethylene terephthalate or PET, commonly known as polyester resin.It is a polycondensation of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol, collectively known as thermoplastic polyester or saturated polyester, polycondensation with PBT.
PET is an opalescent or light yellow highly crystallized polymer with smooth surface changes and no luster.Creep resistance, fatigue resistance, abrasion resistance, size and stability, low abrasion and high hardness, with the largest toughness of different thermoplastic engineering plastics: electrical insulation material performance is good, little affected by the temperature environment, but poor corona resistance.Non-toxic, climate resistant, chemical resistant experimental drugs safety and stability, low water absorption, weak acid and organic combination of solvents, but not heat resistant water through immersion, alkali resistant.
The glass transition temperature of PET resin is required to be high, the crystallization process is slow, the molding cycle is long, the forming production cycle is long, the shrinkage rate in the forming process is large, the dimensional stability is poor, the crystallizing forming is brittle, heat resistance and low.
PET has the following advantages:
1. Good mechanical properties, impact strength 3 ~ 5 times that of other films, good folding property.
2. Resistance to oil, fat, oleic acid, dilute alkali, and most organic solvents.
The heat resistance of pure PET is not high. The thermal deformation temperature is only about 85℃, but it is greatly improved after intensive treatment.The mechanical properties of glass fiber reinforced PET are similar to those of PC, PA and other engineering plastics. The thermal deformation temperature can reach 225℃, PET has good heat resistance, embrittlement temperature -70℃, and PET is not easy to burn.The flames are yellow and the burning oil drips down.
4. Low permeability of gas and water vapor, with excellent gas barrier, water, oil and odor characteristics.
5. High transparency, uv blocking, good gloss.
6. Non-toxic, tasteless, good health system safety, can be directly used in China's food safety packaging.
Through the improvement of crystallization agent, nucleating agent and glass fiber strength, PET has the following characteristics:
1. Thermal deformation temperature and environment temperature for long-term development and use are the highest among thermoplastic general information engineering plastics
2. Due to its high heat resistance, the enhanced PET is impregnated in a 250℃ tin bath for 10S, resulting in little deformation or discoloration.Especially suitable for the preparation of electronic and electrical parts of tin welding:
In figure 3.The flexural strength is 200mpa, the elastic modulus is 4000mpa, the creep resistance and fatigue resistance is also very good, the surface hardness is high, the mechanical properties and thermosetting polymer.
4. Since ethylene glycol is nearly half the cost price of PBT, PET resin and engineering plastic reinforced PET are the lowest price and have a high cost performance ratio.